Do you have a passion for social media marketing? Are you looking to develop or further your digital career in the field of retail? Due to continued growth in our business, we are currently looking for an experienced Digital Communications Manager to join the busy PR & Social Media team based at our Headquarters in Leeds.
ROLE, RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
As a Digital Communications Manager you will be required to co-ordinate, inspire and develop the team of social media executives responsible for scheduling/monitoring for a number of clients across the UK (with a specific focus on Facebook and Twitter as well as Snapchat and Instagram platforms); develop and deliver digital marketing strategies which emphasise creativity and an understanding of the retail marketing industry; and act as a client-facing ambassador for the social media department.
Reporting to the Head of PR & Social Media, the Digital Communications Manager is responsible for developing, delivering and managing effective digital marketing strategies and projects that support client objectives and offer outstanding results.
Passionate about digital marketing and retail trends, you will be the key point of contact for all things digital, driving the team forward in terms of best practice, innovation and new business.
You’ll have a wide-ranging knowledge of digital marketing, with a strong background in social media marketing in particular, as well as broad experience of website development, SEO, e-mail marketing, consumer surveys and CRM.
Key duties include:
- Planning and executing the digital strategies for a portfolio of retail desinations, shopping centres, leisure schemes and retail parks
- Co-ordinate, lead and develop the existing social media team
- Advise on best practice and regularly review all digital marketing activity to ensure it is in-line with this
- Shape processes and procedures to deliver ‘best in class’ digital marketing for clients
- Evaluate end-to-end customer experience
- Act as the main point of contact to join-up all marketing elements for a multi-platform approach
- Assist the wider digital team with the setting and delivery of tangible KPIs across website, e-mail marketing, social media and app performance
- Manage the development of new websites/apps and write compelling copy that enhances SEO
- Work with account handling team, utilising CRM system to plan and send segmented e-mail campaigns with industry leading open and click through rates
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns, assessing against goals
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to create innovative ideas and to deliver exceptional client service
- Work with colleagues across Bewonder* to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for the business
- Work with Director team to determine annual fee structure for all digital marketing channels and identify areas to grow income
- Collaborate with agencies and other external suppliers
- Identify digital trends and share insights with the wider team, clients and the industry
- Work with the Director team to identify digital projects to improve Bewonder’s performance and have responsibility for completion
- Participate in new business strategies and attend pitches
Key experience required:
- Preferably 4+ years of relevant digital marketing experience within a marketing agency or retail environment; including but not limited to website development, social media marketing, e-mail marketing and CRM
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising engaging multi-channel campaigns
- Experience and proven ability of leading and motivating a team, managing and training staff in digital marketing at a variety of levels
- Knowledge of digital marketing analytics software (Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Experience with managing website development projects and devising strategies to drive traffic and conversion
- Experience of paid advertising campaigns, particularly on Facebook and Twitter
Critical competencies for success
Bewonder* is a fast-paced, exhilarating and motivating department where excellent team working and organisational skills are necessary, as well as:
- Strong passion for all digital platforms with experience of using these regularly
- Capable of and willing to manage projects from initiation through to completion
- A high degree of assertiveness and creativity with unyielding attention to detail that results in zero errors
- Strong MS office skills and IT literacy with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure
- A flexible and a proactive individual able to work under their own initiative
- An energetic and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Outstanding customer service and ability to monitor enquiries
- Strong analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics tools
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership, and listening skills
- Excellent oral communications and writing skills with extensive experience in all forms of written communication
- Strong collaboration skills and experience with working as a team player
- Excellent technical skills, illustrating professional expertise with digital marketing technologies
Other personal characteristics
The candidate needs to have a strong awareness of digital marketing trends and technologies, with a hands-on approach which enables them to assist the team and the wider agency where needed across all platforms.
The nature of the role demands flexibility and the ability to adapt and respond to situations quickly, as well as the experience, ability and desire to mentor and develop less-experienced team members.
To apply for this exciting role, please submit your CV to email@example.com