The Grafton – Design and Print

Client

Legal & General

The Challenge

The Grafton Shopping Centre in Cambridge is currently undergoing extensive redevelopment work. This process has also led to the introduction of new brand and a refreshed tone of voice.

Bewonder* was tasked with finding a creative approach that would deliver 100% retailer participation, inform everyday shoppers about the redevelopment progress and spread the word that the centre will be trading as usual during the redevelopment.

Conversation Starters

The Solution

Following a situation analysis, Bewonder* proposed that the centre introduce a printed publication or broadsheet for the community. We then created content and layouts that mirrored the new brand and tone of voice.

This publication allocated 70% of the content to information relating to the centre, redevelopment news and retailers’ seasonal product offers; and the remaining 30% to the broader Cambridge community, key figures and cultural activity at key seasons.

We then supplemented the content with a seasonal fashion and lifestyle shoot, contributions from key stakeholders and strong product placement.

Our Results

20,000 copies were printed and circulated around Cambridge via doordrops, in-centre hand-outs, and brand ambassadors.

Distribution was a key element in our strategy and included ‘paper boys & girls’ distributing across Cambridge at strategic points, e,g. transport hubs, city centres, and park/leisure zones.

The publication subsequently received outstanding feedback from stakeholders, retailers and shoppers. Online click throughs to the digital version of the publication also averaged 246 page views per month, with £2,193 worth of PRV.